Here are a few excerpts from an article on intention
It’s time to change the way we think and speak about our dreams. Transforming a conversation, just like manifesting a dream, begins by setting an intention. Your intentions will assist you in taking greater control of your life.
A working definition for intention is: “to have in mind a purpose or plan, to direct the mind, to aim.” Lacking intention, we sometimes stray without meaning or direction. But with it, all the forces of the universe can align to make even the most impossible, possible. My intention is to transform the conversation around dreams from fear and doubt, to hope and possibility, followed by action and results.
- Before you get out of bed, you can intend to have a fun or productive day.
- Before you leave the house, you can intend to have quality time with your family or roommate.
- Before you start your car, you can intend to have a safe ride to work.
- Before you enter your workplace, you can intend to learn something new or be helpful.
- Before the meeting begins, you can intend to be brilliant or calm.
1. Get clear about something you want and write it down.
2. Share your intention with someone in a way that will supportively hold you accountable to taking action.
3. Do something today to demonstrate your commitment to your intention.
4. Acknowledge that you did what you said you would and then, take the next step.
By setting an intention, you make it clear to yourself and others, just what you plan to do. Set an intention to redefine what it means to be serious about your dreams.